George Maier Rural Heritage Center

Rural heritage museum featured img

Address: Adjacent to City Park

Phone: 563-245-2098

Open to Public: Yes

Activities: Museum

Open weekends: mid-April to mid-October

For hours and tour information contact Elkader City Hall.

Browse George Maier’s personal collection of artifacts from rural Iowa history (1890 – 1950). The old Elkader Sale Barn adjacent to the City Park has been rebuilt to house a portion of Mr. Maier’s extensive collection. Additional display buildings are being planned for the future. Special tours arranged by appointment.

Scroll to Top