Chamber of Commerce
NOTE:Please verify hours and restrictions before making plans to explore shopping and attending events in the Elkader area.
Office: 207 N. Main St.,
Our Mission: The Elkader Area Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to the marketing and stimulation of the business community through promotion of business and tourism.
The EACC works in many areas, including networking and marketing, business advocacy, community improvement, and membership services. Our goal is to promote every business in the community.
Chamber Board Meetings
The board meets the second Wednesday of the month at 7:30 in the City Council Chambers. Occasionally a meeting will be postponed due to a holiday or if winter road conditions cause school closing. Please call (563)245-2857 to verify meeting date and time. We welcome community participation at our regular meetings. To place an item on the agenda, please contact the Chamber Coordinator at: (563)245-2857 or email@example.com. Contact the Chamber Coordinator for minutes from the meetings.
- Work with other area business people on issues that are vital to your community.
Membership in the Chamber has many benefits. Your membership will help the EACC promote Elkader, strengthen business relationships, and assist people who are interested in moving to or visiting our community. Whether your business is on Highway 13, in the rural areas, or on Main Street, feel confident that your membership in the Elkader Area Chamber of Commerce will be the single strongest advocate for our business community.
Become a Chamber member
Contact Ann Gibney, Chamber Coordinator
at (563)245-2857 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Most importantly, you are lending your support to an organization whose primary mission is the promotion of all Elkader area businesses and the betterment of the Elkader community at large.
Local residents will be proud to patronize your business, knowing that your goals include a partnership with your Chamber of Commerce for the success of the community as a whole.
You will be placed on the Chamber mailing list, thus receiving the earliest, most accurate communication on Chamber-sponsored events as well as information that may affect your business including regional and state marketing and tourism opportunities.
You will be supporting ongoing initiatives which you probably already appreciate:
- Staffing of the Chamber Office in the lower level of the Opera House which includes promoting our members in all responses to requests for community information received by the Chamber office.
- The “Chamber Bucks” program which encourages local spending by offering gift certificates good only at Elkader area businesses.
- Raising and maintenance of Welcome and American flags for holidays and special events
- Newspaper, radio and television advertising for tourism and business
- “Welcome” program for visitors, new area residents and new businesses
- Maintaining a fund for replacement of Christmas light pole decorations
- Collaboration with the Chamber Promotional Committee, Elkader Marketing Committee, Mainstreet and EDC for special events and promotions such as new signage, shuttle buses for Osborne Heritage days and Sweet Corn Days
- Participation in the Elkader Cultural and Entertainment District program
- As a Chamber member, your business receives an enhanced listing in the Business Directory of the Chamber’s www.elkader-iowa.com website. In addition to your business name, address, phone number, and description of your business products and services, we will include a link to your business website and a bold “Chamber Member” logo following your business name. Non-member listings on the Chamber website are limited to business name, address and phone number.
Your membership allows us to plan new projects: those underway include extending the Welcome and American flag displays and Christmas decorations to High Street and improving our website as a promotional tool for our members.
Want to see more? We welcome your input. Contact us.
- The Chamber Buck program is a promotional service for community businesses. Chamber Bucks make great gifts and can be redeemed at any Elkader retailer. Chamber Bucks can be purchased at the Chamber Office, 207 N. Main St., (563)245-2857 or at the City Hall Office, 207 N. Main St., (563)245-2098.
Check back on this website for periodic notices and project updates.
Do you have suggestions for our Chamber page? Contact Us