Register by April 16th for a chance at the Early Bird Prize*
City, State, Zip
* Please list each name, address and age of contestant (adult or youth) if check is for more than one person.
Fees: Adult - $8.00; Youth (12 and under) - $4.00
Send entry fee and registration form to:
Dale Hein, Redhorse Fisheree Committee
708 2nd St. NW
Elkader, IA 52043 (checks payable to Redhorse Fisheree Committee)
* Pick up your registration ticket at the Elkader Park Shelter on the morning of May 12th.
* Early Redhorse (Early Bird) Prize: $25 in raffle tickets and $25 cash. To be eligible for the Early Redhorse (Early Bird) Prize your registration and payment must be received no later than April 16th. You must be present to win the Early Redhorse (Early Bird) Prize.
• All tournament fishing is to be done from the shores of the Turkey River and tributaries.
• NO fishing from boats, canoes, etc.
1. Iowa fishing laws will govern all fishing. In addition, all fish entered in the contest must be caught by hook in the mouth.
2. All contestants must have registration complete.
3. The fish must be caught by hook and line and have a witness to verify the same to win the grand prize.
4. All fishing equipment subject to inspection by officials to make contestant eligible for prizes.
5. All fish must be caught during the tournament hours of 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
6. Boundaries: All fish entered in the competition must be caught in the Turkey River and/or it's tributaries.
7. Competition will begin at 7:00 a.m. and close at 3:00 p.m.
8. Any fish caught, that is to be entered in competition, must be brought in alive to be judged and weighed or is disqualified immediately, if necessary. Official judges have the right to disqualify any contestant if there is any question regarding legality of fish or contestant. All fish must be turned in by 3:00 p.m.
9. All fish entered become the property and responsibility of the contestant.
10. The decision of the Red horse Fisheree Committee will be final in all matters.
11. The committee reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if there is any reasonable proof, or if in their opinion, only part of the group is registered.
12. Because of weather conditions it will be the decision of the committee to: (hold fisheree, postpone fisheree, or cancel fisheree.)
• Any violation of the above rules will be just cause for disqualification of contestant, who could be barred from all competition.
• To give the true sportsman an even break, we can and will disqualify any contestant or group, if the committee has any proof in their opinion, that said contestant or group is cheating in any way.
Having acquainted ourselves with the rules above, we have completed this application and are including our entry to REDHORSE FISHEREE. In signing this form, we hereby waive and release all contestants, the hosts, sponsors, and tournament officials from all claims of injury and or damage occurred in connection with this tournament. Furthermore undersigned and agreed to abide by the rules of this tournament. We recognize the right of tournament to reject any entries.
Back to Fisheree