Timothy Davis built this home between 1845-1850. The brick structure has walls eighteen inches thick, six fireplaces and sweet pine trim which Mr. Davis imported to finish off the interior. In 1960 it was purchased by William J. Witt and remodeled for a funeral home. It is now the Leonard Funeral Home.
In April 1976, the State Preservation Program nominated this landmark home to the National Register of Historic Places.